Wednesday 7 February 2018

Kimberley Dynamiters Brett Roberts captains speech from awards banquet

Good evening everyone, I'm Brett Roberts. It’s an honour being able to speak tonight on behalf of my teammates, Ill try and keep it short. First off I wanna say what a privilege its been for me to play in a town and community like Kimberley. Over my junior career I’ve played in quite a few different places but I can honestly say that none compare to Kimberley in terms of the support and pride that the community shows for us. Guys take it for granted all the time how truly blessed we are to be able to play here.

So now On behalf of all the players, I want to first off thank the entire coaching staff for everything you guys have done for us this year. Byron, Keives, Whitey, Lofty, you guys have all been role models for us all year and we really appreciate all the hard work you guys put in. Stu, when I got traded here a couple summers ago, I was really excited to play for you because from all the guys I know and talked to, everyone had good reviews and after playing a full year with you behind the bench I can confidently say that everything I was told was true. Thank you for everything you do for all of us, all the hours you put at the rink and for teaching us a lot of lessons that not only apply to hockey but also to life in general. From day one you’ve been adamant that its about our actions, not the results that really matter and as a group we’ve really learned that when we’re at our best and putting in a full 100% effort, we can dictone the pace of any game.

I also want to thank all the board members volunteers and sponsors, this is a first class organization and none of it would be possible without all the hard work and hours you all put in behind the scenes. I cant stress enough how much we appreciate what you all do for us.

Another group of people that deserve a big thank you are all the billet families. Without all you, I’m not sure what some of us would do. I want to personally thank my own billets, Trudy & Armin Loftsgard, all year they have been nothing short of amazing for me and Derian. You guys have treated us like we are part of the family and I cant express how grateful we are for everything you have done for us this year to help us achieve our goals and get us to where we are now.

Lastly I want to thank Colby Burns, Kari and Neil over at Creekside Physiotherapy and Dr. Van Zyl for dealing with all our injuries all year, Derrick Smith thank you for hosting chapel and buying wings and pizza every other week for us. And to finish off the thank yous, Neil, thanks for making the best god damn Gatorade the KI has ever seen and for keeping all the rooks in line. And Scotty, we thank you for all the charisma and positivity you bring to the rink everyday, Ill never forget your motivational intermission speeches that have been the catalysts to some of our wins.

I want to end with a message to the team and my fellow 20 year old teammates. James, Nick, Devon and Mason, I have no doubt that all you will find success in whatever you end up doing next year and in the future. I want to thank you all for welcoming me to this team and for making my last year of hockey truly memorable.

And to all the boys, the real season is just about to get started and I’m confident in everything single individual in our dressing room that we’ll step up to attain the goal we made at the beginning of the year and bring home the hardware and banners that this town deserves because after all we’re here to be champions.

No comments:

Post a Comment