Friday 1 March 2019

Brock Palmer is the Eddie Mountain Division MVP and Top Scorer


Sitting third in KIJHL points, Brock Palmer was voted by the Eddie Mountain Division head coaches and general managers as the divisions Top Scorer and Most Valuable Player.

Palmer was succinct in how he felt about receiving the awards, "It feels great!"

In his second season with the Dynamiters, Palmer scored 27 goals and 54 assists in 47 games. Good enough for 81 points. He has a career total of 139 points, placing him 12th in Kimberley Dynamiters All-Time regular points, trailing Senate Patton by one point for 11th; and needing 11 points to surpass Leo Keefer to crack the top 10.

Palmer would need to post 75 points next season to surpass Jared Marchi (214 points) for the number one spot.

Until that point, Palmer is going to continue to be grateful for what brought him success this season, and continue it during the playoffs.

"I think the powerplay for sure had something to do with my success," He said. "Also Keegan and Gedny being able to score on my passes, made me look good.

"And I think being smart with the puck has led to almost all my success, so I have to make sure I am doing that all playoffs long."

In two playoff games so far, Palmer has one goal and six assists.

Lead photo by Jonathan Righton

No comments:

Post a Comment