Friday 1 March 2019

Adam Andersen named Eddie Mountain Division Top Goaltender


Adam Andersen was presented with the Top Goalie in the Eddie Mountain Division Award by Kootenay International Junior Hockey League Vice-President Kathy Merkl. The awarded is voted by coaches and general managers in the division.

"It feels great to be recognized and it means a lot to me but I can’t thank my teammates enough." Andersen said about receiving the award. "We have a very special group this year and they’ve allowed me to have a lot of individual success that would be very difficult to have without them."

Here are some of the success Andersen has had during the regular season, he had the second most wins (26), tied for fourth most shutouts (3), second best goals against average (1.84), and fourth best save percent (.920), amongst all KIJHL goaltenders.

Earlier in the season, Andersen was voted by various KIJHL media personnel as the top goaltender in the Kootenay Conference.

For Andersen when he reflected on the season, he was able to identify habits and routines that brought him individual success, a good chunk of his routine is mental.

"I don’t even think about the upcoming game at all until I get to the rink," he said. "By not thinking of the game at all I have a clear mind all day and I’m not able to overthink things and I don’t get too worked up,

"That has allowed me to be in a good frame of mind come game time which I think has helped me have success this year."

Lead photo by Jonathan Righton

No comments:

Post a Comment