Wednesday 20 February 2019

Captain Chase Gedny's speech from the Kimberley Dynamiters Awards Banquet

The Kimberley Dynamiters held their awards banquet on Sunday February 17th.

Prior to the awards being handed out, Chase Gedny delivered his Captains speech.

He was kind enough to share his speech so we can re-experience all of the feelings:

"Good evening everyone, I’m Chase Gedny. I’m excited and honoured to be able to give thanks and speak on behalf of my teammates. To start this off, I would like to say how much I love Kimberley. Everything about this town is just awesome. the support we receive on a daily basis whether we’re downtown or around the rink, at the gym, whatever. I’ve never lived in a community that’s so friendly and welcoming. I’ve never played junior hockey anywhere else but from what I have heard from veterans on our current team and years past, is that Kimberley is by far their favourite place that they’ve had the opportunity to play and it’s pretty easy to see why. I’m very proud to be a part of the Kimberley community.

"On behalf of the guys, I’d like to start off by thanking the board members, volunteers and the sponsors. The countless hours you guys put in behind the scenes to make this a top of the line organization doesn’t go unnoticed. And I can’t stress enough that without you guys, we wouldn’t have any of the success we have. We appreciate it greatly. You guys are the best.

"Next up, I would like to thank the coaching staff. Byron, Keives, Lofty, and Whitey. You guys have all been unbelievable coaches, role models and friends to us. We appreciate all of the hard work you guys put in to make us better hockey players and even better people. And now for Stu, ever since we talked a couple summers ago after my minor hockey stint, you sure made it seem like Kimberley was the place to be. And you didn’t disappoint. After hearing only good things about you as a coach, it was an easy choice to come and play for you. I can’t thank you enough for the amount of hours you put in at the rink to make us better hockey players. You know what’s best for us, even if that means doing six forties, or a no puck practice. But you don’t just make us better hockey players, you make us better people in general. Ever since I’ve known you, you have stressed the idea that it’s all about our actions, and not the result. With us guys, when we do focus on having good actions and working hard, we get the success we are looking for.

"Next up, I would like to thank our trainer Chad Koran, the amount of work you do for us is a big job. from setting up equipment like putting stupid cages on our helmets, to taping us up, to sharpening our skates, and the biggest one, putting up with Berts compliments everyday, your work is appreciated by us all.

"I’d also like to thank Neil, the work you do for us is much appreciated. You do a great job keeping the rookies in line. And thanks for letting me know when to chalk them up. And you make the best Gatorade in the KI! Next I’d like to thank Scotty, the best motivational 2nd intermission speaker ever, you’re undefeated so far, and you sure know how to fire us up for the big 3rd!

"I’d also like to thank Kari Loftsgard and Doc Van Ziel for dealing with our injuries all year, you guys do a great job getting us back in the lineup as soon as possible. And I’d like to thank Derrick Smith for hosting chapple every other Wednesday, it’s always a good time and your support is very much appreciated. Another guy I’d like to thank is Josh Lockhart for being the great stats guy you are and for hosting us on your podcasts. Thanks for all that you do.

"Next group that I would like to recognize are the billet families, thanks to all of you guys for doing this and making my team mates part of your guys’s families. I’d like to shoutout my billets Lyle and Iona Prier. they’re the best and have been very welcoming and they have made me feel like I’m part of the family. Twenty three years of billeting, that’s impressive and very much appreciated by all of us.

"And now, here’s to the 20 year olds, you guys have all been excellent role models for us younger guys. You guys take us on your backs and are great leaders. You are all going to do great things in the future. I’d put money on it. And for the rest of the fellas. We have been though a lot this year together and it’s a special feeling going out and playing games by your guys’s side. I couldn’t be more proud to be a part of the 18/19 nitros with you guys. But the best time of the year is upon us now; playoffs. And I couldn’t be more confident in our group of guys to go out there, and get that banner and trophy again! Burn the ships boys!"

1 comment:

  1. i am here to give my testimony about a doctor who save my life. i was infected with HERPES for than 2 years, I tried different doctors over a period of time but no one work, but when i came on the Internet i saw great testimony about DR USELU  how he was able to cure someone from HERPES virus with the help of herbal medicine I contacted him and he promised to cure my herpes virus.well i decided to give him a try, DR USELU put his best in it and gave me good and effective result just as he has promised. well after taking all the treatment sent to me by Dr USELU i went back to the Hospital for check up, and now i have been confirmed HERPES Negative. You can contact him if you have any kind of sickness like, HERPES, HIV, CANCER, PILE, HEPATITIS, DIABETES, and alot more you can contact him ON Whatsapp (+2347052898482) or Email dr.uselucaregiver@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete