Wednesday 25 January 2017

Risdon & Sterzer enjoyed their time at the KIJHL Prospects Game

Harrison Risdon and Caige Sterzer from the Kimberley Dynamiters participated in the KIJHL Prospects Game on Saturday January 14. Both Risdon and Sterzer were held off of the scoresheet as the Okanagan and Kootenay teams skated to a 3-3 draw.

I was able to catch up with Risdon and Sterzer and asked them each the following questions.

1. What are one (or two) highlights of playing in the prospects game? 

Sterzer: My highlight from being at the prospects game was just being able to play with my old teammates that I played spring hockey and minor hockey with. Also being given the opportunity to meet great guys that I have never met before, was another highlight of mine.

Risdon: Highlight from the game definitely had to be being able to play with/against all the top 00's/99's in the league. I also had the chance to play with a few former teammates of mine, which was really awesome. It was just an all around amazing experience.

2. Did any family or friends come to watch? If so, what was that like? 

Sterzer: My mother, father and step father came to watch me which was really exciting. But I also  had family and friends watch me from back home on the TV. It felt great to have a lot of support from back home. It gave me that extra push to work as hard as I can to represent the Dynamiters and the great town of Kimberley that much more.

Risdon: Yes I did, my mom got the chance to travel down from Cranbrook and watch the game. Wish my dad could have been there as well but he was stuck at work watching it through the broadcast. But having my mom there to watch the game was awesome! It's always a great feeling to have family there to support you.

3. What does this experience do for you going forward?

Sterzer: This experience shows the type of players that I will be competing with for the rest of my hockey career. I got to watch some of the top midget players from my age group and also the competed with some of the top from the KIJHL. It gave me a look at where I am with my age group.

Risdon: I think going forward this experience helped be seen by the Junior A and WHL teams who attended the Prospect game. It also has helped me see what I need to adjust in my game to play at the next level.

No comments:

Post a Comment