Saturday 7 January 2017

Kimberley Dynamiters December Player of the Month: Cody Campbell


The Kimberley Dynamiters named goaltender Cody Campbell as their December Player of the Month.

Campbell went undefeated in December, winning six games while posting a 1.79 goals against average, a .939 save percentage, and two shutouts. And if you look closely, the native of Calgary, AB, also added an assist.

Campbell was also named by the KIJHL as the Kootenay Conference player of the month.

"Very deserving. He was outstanding in December, obviously his numbers reflect that." head coach and general manager Derek Stuart said. "He has taken the [starting goalie] role and ran with it.

"He is, in my opinion, the best goalie in our division and one of the best goalies in the league. He got rewarded for his performance."

Campbell felt honored and that it was a team effort.

"It's pretty cool [to be named Kootenay Conference player of the month]. I don't think I have ever had league recognition like that.

"A lot of it is due to my team, we had a great month in December. When they play well in front of me, it makes my job easy, it definitely makes my numbers look as good as they did for December. I have to give a lot of credit to them, they helped me out a lot there."

He then added "it's an honor for [the team] to select me too. I work hard day-in day-out. It's really nice to be rewarded like that."

No comments:

Post a Comment