Sunday 16 March 2014

Nitro's suffer heartbreaking loss in Game #7, lose 5-4

I haven't been this heartbroken after a game since Russia came back an beat Canada at the 2010/11 World Junior Championship.

I honestly thought that after the second period, we had this one. And I am sure the team did too! But them Creston Valley Cats just wouldn't go away, they came back!

In the first period, both teams swapped PP goals, Marchi scored. Marchi's goal was a little of knuckle puck goal.


In the second, I received this tweet:
Late in the second, the Cats began to implode. They were being called for penalty after penalty, and the Nitro's added two more PP goals, plus a SH goal scored earlier. Goals by: Gray, Perpelitz, and Klingspohn. The arena was silent as the Nitro's scored three goals within 4:11. The webcast commentator for Creston felt that the two teams were going to skate out the third. I was preparing for the Dynamiters to take on the Beaver Valley Nitehawks.

And then Creston scored five minutes into the third period. That's OK, we are up 4-2. Seven minutes later, Creston scored again! I was a little bit more nervous, but we had a 4-3 lead. Then Creston scored again! NOOOOOO! And then we were called for a penalty in the final two minutes. And that offensive juggernaut squad popped in the game winning goal.

I was heartbroken, and I am just a fan! I can't even imagine how it was for the Dynamiters bench.

BUT! When you look at this series, even though we lost. We pushed the top team in the division, and a top three team in the league, to game seven, plus not to mention, had them on their toes throughout the series. Game #7 was the Cats highest scoring game, 5 goals. This for a team that scored over 5 GPG during the season and over 7 GPG in the first round! We did fantastic.

This was one of the best series I have ever seen. Job well done boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment