Thursday 6 March 2014

Round 2 Playoff Predictions & Musings

Final Four
In March Madness terms I'd say that my bracket was busted, because the Summerland Steam lost in seven games to the North Okanagan Knights. I even picked that series as a David vs Goliath, thinking that Summerland had the advantage in the series. And to be honest, I had, using my power rankings, Summerland as the team facing off against the Beaver Valley Nitehawks in the final.

If I can have a mulligan, I'd now pick the Kamloops Storm to face-off against the Beaver Valley Nitehawks.

Series Previews
I have done series previews for round two using the regular season statistics and the February 23 Power Rankings. I realize that they do not include the first round stats, but for the most part teams had the same statistical theme's except for Creston Valley and Beaver Valley. Both were explosive offensively during the first round with Creston scoring an average 7.25 goals a game, and Beaver Valley scoring 6.

Primed to Upset
The Beaver Valley Nitehawks, even though I have picked them to get to the final, are the lower seed in their series against Nelson. I believe they can upset.

David vs Goliath
The Kamloops Storm are sitting nice statistically compared to 100 Mile House.

Okanagan/Shuswap Conference
This conference has been anything but predictable, with only one top seed winning their series. Even though I indicated that Osoyoos was primed to upset, which they did. Osoyoos now has a statistical edge in their series, so that series will be very entertaining to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment