Monday 24 February 2014

Playoff Predictions & Musings

Final Four
If I had to pick a final four (even though anything is possible for my Nitro's) I would pick the following teams based on my power rankings:
  • Summerland Steam
  • Kamloops Storm
  • Beaver Valley Nitehawks
  • Creston Valley Thunder Cats
Primed to Upset
After all the match up comparison's, I think the following teams are primed to upset:
  • Osoyoos Coyotes over Kelowna Chiefs
  • Sicamous Eagles over Kamloops Storm
  • Spokane Braves over Nelson Leafs (probably because I went to Gonzaga, a little favoritism there)
David vs Goliath
I'd say the following series are the equivalent of Team Canada playing, well Team Sweden (powerhouse team mentioned first):
  • Creston Valley Thunder Cats vs Columbia Valley Rockies
  • Beaver Valley Nitehawks vs Castlegar Rebels
  • Summerland Steam vs North Okanagan Knights
Sleeper Teams
As noted in the upset section, I think both the Sicamous Eagles and Spokane Braves could surprise. I picked goalies from both their teams to be on my KIJHL All-Star Team. If their goalies get rolling, watch out.

Human Error & Unpredictable
Even though I rely heavily on my stats, and expect things to be calculated, I cannot account for human error. So really, ANYTHING is possible and ANYTHING could happen in these playoffs. I think that is one reason why I am such a fan, is despite my craving for statistics, the game is so unpredictable.

GO NITRO'S!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment