Saturday 1 February 2014

Nitro's down the Rockets 5-1

In the final meeting between the Rockets and the Dynamiters, the Nitro's had an explosive game, scoring 5 goals and taking 42 shots. I am happy with this result for many reasons:
  • The Dynamiters are now one point behind Fernie for 2nd place in the division, and home ice advantage.
  • The Golden Rockets took my advice of losing so they don't face Creston Valley in the playoffs. Seems that Columbia Valley doesn't want to play them either, losing their past 11 games, and the Rockets have lost their past 3. It's a race to the basement!
  • When you compare the first game between these two teams, to this one. The Nitro's dominated the Rockets, again. But that there seemed to be a correlation between not getting 70 PIM in a game and scoring a goal. Fascinating.
Now, I must admit, I wasn't at the game, so I rely on the Twitter feed of the team. And this was pretty much my silent reactions to the feed:










And then felt like this because there was no one really to celebrate the win with...



From my perspective, the Nitro's Player of the Game was Dylan Sibbald. He popped in a PP goal which turned out to be the game winner, and also had an assist on the game tying goal.

Check out the boxscore for all the stats.

No comments:

Post a Comment