Monday 7 January 2019

Story: Brock Palmber named KIJHL Kootenay Conference December Player of the Month


Brock Palmer was named the Kootenay Conference December Player of the Month.

"It's cool." Palmer said. "Happy with how I was playing, and that stuff was going my way.

Palmer credits his success to the teams power play, and his linemates Keegan McDowell and Erik Delaire.

"I get to watch him every night, I know how good he is." Head coach and general manager Derek Stuart said. "I'm not just talking offensively, or with the puck. I know how hard he hounds the puck. He is probably the best back pressure forward in the league."

In December, Palmer scored six goals and 14 assists in eight games. His linemate, McDowell was an honourable mention for the month, and also was named the teams Player of the Month.

"If they are going strictly off stats, it's a no brainer. He had 20 points in eight games. The way he plays for guys that get to watch him every night, he should be a candidate every month. His stats blew everyone away in December."

Palmer currently sits third in league scoring with 60 points in 34 games.

No comments:

Post a Comment